Register for accommodations and meals: Here
There is a gem in the mountain of your body; seek that mine. — Rumi
CREATE PERCEPTUAL DEPTH IN YOUR MOVEMENT & BODYWORK PRACTICE
This 4-day advanced training — set in a gorgeous, deep forest retreat center — is for bodyworkers and movement therapists who want to inhabit the knowledge of human anatomy more completely.
We will learn the architecture of a living body in 3-D: fascia and muscles, membranes and fluids, organs and nerves. We’ll also use this anatomy to explore the science of perception — how to touch, how to move, how to speak in a way that transforms the inner world of the persons in our care.
YOU ARE PERFECT FOR THIS WORKSHOP IF:
— You are bodyworker interested in movement disciplines.
— You are a mover interested in better hands-on skills.
— You want to help your clients discover and inhabit their bodies more fully.
— You have sensed the limits of standard anatomical models for the body.
— You are interested in the science of embryology, fascia, interoception, and embodied cognition.
EACH DAY OF THIS TRAINING INCLUDES:
- Classroom time including lecture and hands-on activities to help you precisely inhabit anatomy in a 3-dimensional, functional way.
- A spectrum of movement practices — some invigorating and challenging, some more cooling, subtle, relaxing, and lots in between — that will build off each other, and build off the anatomy you'll be learning.
- Hands-on palpation and perception exercises: understanding structures and fascial architecture through your hands.
- Case-based learning to scale your work to your client perceptual abilities —> From subtle to dense, micro to macro, static to dynamic, practical to playful.
- Time to metabolize the information: via guided journaling exercises, and down time to walk, sit or spend with your classmates and instructors.
- Optional evening discussions and Q + A time
- Meal times, with the option of having some or all of your meals prepared by the excellent cook staff at Mosswood Hollow (they're a small, family-run retreat space, and their food is excellent, mostly local)
YOU WILL LEAVE THIS TRAINING WITH:
Greater anatomical clarity: Seeing and palpating structures in others, and feeling them move in yourself.
A variety of techniques to help you, and those in your care, access various levels of embodiment.
A better understanding of the methods of perception — outside in, inside up and cortex down — and the relative usefulness and limitations of those lenses in a therapeutic setting.
A plan for to apply this new knowledge to your current practice.
Probably some great professional connections and, quite possibly, some solid friendships :
LOGISTICS and MOSSWOOD HOLLOW
This registration cost is the cost of tuition only. You may also wish to purchase lodging and meals at Mosswood Hollow, thus giving yourself a more full, immersive retreat experience.
Mosswood Hollow is a simple, gorgeous little retreat center run by a really cool and kind family. I (LB) have done retreats here in the past and really appreciate these folks.
Staying at the retreat center IS NOT REQUIRED to take part in the training, though we're encouraging it for a more full, immersive experience. Treat yo’self.
There's a hot tub is available for our use.
Camping is one of the lodging options available for staying at Mosswood Hollow.
There is a big yurt where we'll be holding most of the sessions, and you can camp inside this structure if you'd like! Of course, we'd like you to clear all your stuff well to the side, if not outside (space depending), before we start each day.
There is a small refrigerator and a hot plate and microwave on the back porch we can use. There is not a full kitchen.
We are welcome to bring camp stoves for outdoor use.
If cooking for yourself, dishes will have to be done outside or in the bathrooms.
Tuition is due in full upon registration, and can be done here or, if you'd prefer to eschew the credit card fee, please send an email for an address to mail a check to.